Friday, July 17, 2009

I have a Dream

Getting a blog going is tough. So is working with children, having a social life, sharing a car and constantly day dreaming. I haven't been cooking. I haven't been reading. I have, although, been living, I promise. And some of those daydreams are of posting regularly, cooking all day long, falling in love with one thing or another, mastering odds and ends and foreseeing the future.

The last few weeks have been full of 8 hour days with children, social events, questionable text messages and tons, and tons of baseball. Getting off at 6pm I don't run to the store, then come home and cook. Being home all day, I still don't feel like cooking. Those 7:30-2 days are beyond my favorite, and I do cook. Those are just far to rare.

This summer's been a blur. We are headed to the east coast to see family and celebrate my dad's 55th Birthday. The All Star Game has came and gone in more ways than one; we hosted, we attended, we acted amazed, we celebrated a loss, we were the spot light. And while so many locals were unsatisfied at the treatment of Stan the Man (I see their point, to an extent, he is 88; and who knows what he asked for. Maybe we respected his wishes.) I was thrilled with everything. Yadier's selection by fans. Franklin by the Phillies manager. Albert astonded me with every move, even going 0-3 and not winning the Derby - he's amazing, why can't everyone be albert. Go watch an interview with him from last week, he's convinced he's not the best player in baseball - he's wrong. The whole world saw what St. Louis is and will always be (and hopefully learned we don't churn our own butter while dodging bullets).

When I return from the east, I will post over and over and over again.
I. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment